Auto parts is also called auto accessories, car parts, and car accessories. As a country with large-scale of automobile manufacturing, auto parts manufacturing industry is of great importance to China. Import car parts and accessories at competitive price from China and sell on eBay, Amazon, your online shop or local auto parts market, which is considered as the best ways to make money from China. But, import from Chinese auto parts suppliers or vendors you need to solve some issues, such as finding reliable auto pats manufacturers or factories, learning how to import automobile parts from China and distinguishing the Chinese suppliers who don’t have capacity to produce high-quality parts and export bad quality products to overseas companies or customers.
Import from Chinese market is not without risk as is mentioned above. Poor in quality and received nothing after payment are known risks to import products from China. If you are looking for china auto parts manufacturers, car parts factories, auto accessories companies or auto parts accessories corp in China, this article is a full guide for importing auto parts from China.
The List of auto parts you can import from China.
Auto parts includes body and main parts, powertrain & chassis products, electronics and electrical parts, interior parts, and other miscellaneous auto accessories. Most of the auto parts can be imported from China manufacturers or online shopping website, but some of the parts can not be exported to auto parts importers from overseas companies due to patent protection reason or other import and export restrictions issue. Here is a list of auto parts exported by Chinese suppliers.
Main brand of automobile
FORD, LAND ROVER, ASTON MARTIN, JAGUAR, MAZDA, VOLVO, LINCOLN, MERCURY, CADILLAC, SUZUKI, BUICK, SATURN, CHEVRDLET, HUMMER, PANTIAC, SUBARU, OPEL, DAEWOO, OLDSMOBILE, SAAB, MERCEDES-BENZ, SMART, MAYBACH, CHRYSLER, JEEP, DODGE, PLYMOUTH, RENAULT, NISSAN, INFINITI, TOYOTA, LEXUS, ACURA, HONDA, HYUNDAI, PORSCHE, KIA, LOTUS, ROVER, MORGAN, SSANGYOUNG, MITSUBISHI, B.M.W, ROLLS-ROYCE, MINI, VOLKSWAGEN, BENTLEY, AUDI, LAMBORGHINI, SEAT, BUGATTI, SKODA, FIAT, FERRARI, MASERATI, ALFA ROMEO, LANCIA, CITROEN, PEUGEOT
Main auto parts & accessories, performance products imported from China.
Those are common auto parts imported by overseas customers but not limited to:
- Rims products and hubcap, front and rear spoiler, door handle products, hinge, car light and lamp, rearview mirror;
- Car sensors, car starter, cable for car accessories;
- Carpet for car, car seat parts and products, baby and children car seat, seat fastener, and other auto seat parts;
- Braking products for car, hose products, cable products, auto valve, auto cylinder, air intake housing and manifold, camshaft parts and products, connecting rod products, cylinder head and cover parts, different kind of gaskets for auto;
- Engine parts, harmonic balancer, auto parts cover such as valve cover, water pump products, water pipe, car radiator, cooling fans for auto, oil filter and gaskets, oil pan products, oil pipe and pump, strainer, exhaust, manifold, header, muffler, catback, catalytic converter products, clamp, flange, spacer, bracket and gasket, intake manifold products and gasket;
- Heat shield products, fuel filter and air filter for auto parts, cooler products, carburetor, choke cable products, fuel cap and fuel cell components, auto fuel distributor and fuel injector products, fuel pump and gasket, throttle valve, throttle body and other throttle parts;
- Suspension parts, spring for auto parts, steering arm and parts, gearing and pump products, flywheel auto parts, air-condition products for car, bearings, fuel vapour hose prodducts, car mirror, sun visor, O-ring for auto parts, and so on.
If you are interested in full list of auto parts, please read this ports: China Sourcing agent, the full list of auto parts. or click here to download List-of-Auto-Parts-made-in-China-Import-from-China.pdf (163 downloads) .
How to find reliable auto parts manufacturers in China?
To import high-quality auto parts from China, the first step for a overseas importer is to find a reliable manufacturer in China. If you are a small business owner and want to import low quantity from China, please try to find your target products on alibaba B2B website and aliexpress online wholesale website, you can can hire AZAexpress.com to work for you. If your products are custom car accessories, aliexpress can not match your auto parts manufacturing requirement due to most of suppliers (not only auto parts but also other products) on aliexpress are wholesaler who don’t have ability to operate your outsurcing project. But, alibaba, search engine, manufacturing sourcing services company and products sourcing agent like DiscoverSourcing.com can help you.
Source auto parts via B2B website
There are thousands of auto parts suppliers on China B2B website, such as alibaba and made in China. Those suppliers pay at least USD4500 to those platformas services fees every year. Note that 4500USD is basic service charge only, if a supplier want to get some inquiries from alibaba, he need to buy some add-value services such as purchase keywords, ranking and showing video. As an international buyer, you can register an alibaba account and contact those suppliers for free. With what we now know, a new customer must contact approximate 20~50 suppliers if he want to find a real auto parts factory. Please don’t believe in the description for suppliers on those B2B sites. Lots of suppliers on those website were verified that they are a manufacturing company in China but it is a trade company in fact.
AZAexpress.com is a online wholesaler for small business
If you are a small quantity importer or planning to import low volume of auto parts from China, AZAexpress.com is a website can help you. They focus on helping overseas customers import small quality or low volume product from China via shipping by express. If your auto parts are high value and small size products, and you are the first time to import from China, we suggest you to work with a professional sourcing agent like DiscoverSourcing.com and AZAexpress.com. Because those suppliers can provide the lowest shipping cost to help you import from China at competitive price or cost.
Google is the best search engine to find car parts manufacturers in China
Google, yahoo, and bing are the famous search engines in the world, but google is always our first choice for a supplier development engineer to find China auto parts or performance parts manufacturers. Use some english keywords like auto parts China factory, China auto parts wholesale, China auto parts online, car accessories online, China auto parts manufacturers, car parts wholesale, China auto parts wholesale suppliers, China car accessories market, China auto accessories market, auto parts China market, China auto parts market, auto body parts from China, wholesale China car parts, Chinese car parts wholesalers, auto accessories China for sale, and buy wholesale car accessories from China, china auto parts supplier, etc. Another useful methods to find China car accessories is to use google images search engine, you key in the keywords like car parts China, China auto accessories, or aftermarket car part, and open the image links you are interested in, and then you will find the website of China suppliers.
Those are good ways to find factories in China, and this is just the beginning, there’s still much to do. After you know how to find car parts supplier in China, you need to confirm that it is the right supplier which can help you import from China.
How to know a potential supplier is a manufacturer rather than a trade company?
As discussed above, please don’t believe in the description and identification on the B2B websites, It was not as they are saying it. If you want to import auto parts from Chinese manufacturers directly, you need to do some works as follow.
- If a supplier tells you that they are a trading company, this is a honest supplier. They are not a manufacturing company you need, but you still can ask them to give you a catalogue with prices and pictures.
- If a supplier tell you they are a factory, please ask them to send to you a copy of Business License, and ask your potential supplier to point out where is the manufacturing words(“生产”, “加工” or “制造”) on the Business License. Chinese government only write those words meaning manufacturing on the Business License. Then you can confirm that they are a manufacturing or not. To learn more about it, you can read this post “How to know it is a manufacturing company?“.
- Ask your potential factory to take some photos of production line and factory front door to you. In China, a quality manufacturer should have a front door and they are always glad to share with you.
Price and quality of auto parts made in China.
At this stage, I assume that you have selected some auto parts manufacturers as your potential suppliers. The goal to import car parts from China is to make more money. So, getting a lower price is the most important thing for most of auto parts importers. As the saying goes “what price, what goods”, but, we still can find the right one at competitive price and quality.
Auto parts made in China ≠ Bad quality or Poor quality products
Finding a manufacturer in China is not difficult, but it is not easy to discover a right supplier. To source a car parts supplier, you work day and night and found that this is an unqualified suppliers which provide bad quality products. In order to avoid wasting time and money on unqualified suppliers, we suggest you to find supplier according to your need.
The price of auto parts made in China
1/3 or 2/1 of the Ex-work prices in your country is the prices import from China. Wenzhou and Yinwu auto parts factories can provide auto parts at low price but the quality of products make in Wenzhou or Yiwu are without a good reputation. Manufacturers in Shanghai always offer a high-quality products but the prices is not cheap. Fox example, a carburetor selling on Amazon and ebay, the price is USD100, but the Ex-work in China is 23USD.
How to import auto parts from China manufacturers?
Before placing a purchase order to China supplier you need to learn the full process of importing from China. And you also need to know something about export & import tax and custom charge.
- You place an order to your Chinese supplier.
- Your vendor ask you to pay the down payment(30%~100%) before they arrange your production.
- You pay the deposit for your car parts purchase order.
- Manufacturer produces your products and finish.
- You arrange third-party inspection services company like DiscoverSourcing.com to audit and check products for you.
- You approved the products and pay the balance payment(or #12 step).
- Your supplier or sourcing agent booking for you, and prepare documents for customs clearance.
- Customs clearance shipped to China Customs.
- Pick up and loading your goods from China.
- The boat or air plane leave China port to your port.
- Goods in transit.
- Vendor show you the bill of lading copy, and you pay the balance payment.
- Vendor received the money and release bill of lading document,.commercial invoice and packing list to you.
- You or your agent help you to do customs clearance and pay the tax or customs charge, shipping fees.
- Land transportation from your port to you company.
- You receive the auto part imported from China and feel happy.
How to import car parts from china auto parts wholesale suppliers?
Some of small business owner want to import small quality in stock, and they do not care if the supplier is not a manufacturing company. You can learn how to import auto parts from China auto parts wholesalers in this paragraph.
If a supplier tells you that they are a wholesale supplier, it is the meaning that they buy products from other suppliers and sell to you. You can find those kind of supplier on google, you also can visit Aliexpress or DHgate, 80% of the suppliers on those platform are wholesalers. Another way to find auto parts wholesale suppliers is though products sourcing agent, purchasing company and trade company. Tell them your interesting and requirement.
Buy auto parts online
If you want to buy auto parts online, and you have discover the auto parts online shopping website. You can purchase it directly, but, we suggest you to contact the customer service for price, lead time and shipping cost double-check before you send a payment. If you’re lucky, you can get discount auto parts at a low price via import auto parts from online wholesale suppliers.
Import low volume from China for small business
If your purchase order is less than 500USD and shipped via international express, you should can save some money on China customs fees. For those products imported from China, the size and weight should not be too big. And the value of goods should be the higher the value, the better. we don’t suggest small business importer to import products via express if the ratio of shipping cost/value of goods is over 20%;
How to discover hot auto parts?
New and hot products always can make more money, car accessories is no exception. We will share with you that how to discover new and hot products on China B2B website.
Open alibaba.com and click “auto & transportation” categories, “view more” and a new page is opened. And then you will see the hot searches at the left side of the page, such as oxygen sensor, car switch, 24v alternator, car dvr wifi, android cic, back up camera, rear view camera, alloy wheels for car, exhaust tip, opel engine oil cooler, radiator cascadia, baby car seat cover, carbon fiber vinyl, car body cover, cargo carrier bag, electric car jack, car jump starter t6 and baby back seat mirror.
Made in China
Open made in China website and click “all Categories”, “Auto, Motorcycle Parts & Accessories”, you will see the the “Hot Searches” at the rihgt side of the page. Such as oil filter and air filter, shock absorber, radial tyre, brake pad, universal joint, brake shoe, car lift and auto horn.
Minimal order quantity for auto parts in China?
MOQ (minimal order quantity) is one of an important factor to affect you make a decision to imported from China. 90% of the suppliers have a threshold for MOQ, such as MOQ10 and MOQ 100.
Products in stock
If the car parts you are interested is the product off the shelf and in stock, try to negotiate with your supplier for getting a lower MOQ. Most of the suppliers are glad to sell you the products if you can pay a higher but reasonable price.
Custom car parts
If your car parts are custom products, lead time and MOQ is necessary. In our experience, 70% of China manufacturers request you to place an order with minimal value of USD5000 for custom manufacturing parts.
Free auto parts samples from China suppliers.
You have discovered supplier who can export auto parts to you with your target price. but, before placing a large order you ask for a sample is reasonable. According to our sample sourcing experience, most of Chinese supplier can provide free sample for new customer if the value of the product is not large but you need to pay the shipping cost. As an outstanding manufacturing sourcing services company and products sourcing agent in China, we offer free sample and free shipping cost to some of overseas companies.
If your supplier can not give you a free sample and shipping cost, please ask them to give you a promise that refund the sample fees to you if you place an order in the future.
By the way, please don’t waste time and money on a supplier who ask you to pay three or four times of the unit cost for sample. For overseas company who sources sample from China, please don’t consider those supplier who ask for unreasonable charge for sample.
How to visit and audit an auto parts supplier in China?
For large purchase order, visit and audit a new supplier is very necessary before placing it into the list of strategic sourcing supplier. Here is a full guide for visit and audit a manufacturer or factory in China.
- Tell your supplier you will visit their factory and set up a time to meet.
- You book flight tickets from your country to China.
- Vendor make hotel reservation for you.
- Vendor pick up you from China airport to their factory.
- Visit and audit your auto parts suppliers for both sustainability and quality.
- Leave China and back to your country.
- Make supplier qualification assessment report.
- You make up your mind to import auto parts from China.
If you don’t have time to visit a Chinese supplier, hiring a third-party supplier audit company like DiscoverSourcing.com to work for you is also a good idea.
What are payment terms when you import from China suppliers?
A good payment terms can give your some assurances when you import from China Buyer hope supplier can can received the goods before sending a payment, but, vendor hope importer can pay when they place a purchase order. Here is the common payment terms for overseas company imports product from new Chinese supplier.
- Full payment when you place an order. After received your payment vendor starts to produce your products or ship the inventory to you. For small business, most of Chinese supplier operate it like that.
- 30% or 50% advance payment before producing your products, and pay the balance payment after finishing manufacturing.
- 50% advance payment before producing your products, and pay the balance payment after showing bill of lading.
- 50% advance payment before producing your products, and others is 45 payment days.
5 payment methods to pay your Chinese Suppliers
Selecting the best payment methods is also an important part to import from China. As a sourcing services company in China, DiscoverSourcing.com receives lots of mails from auto parts importers who is the first time to import products from China wanting to know the best method to pay their Chinese suppliers.
- Letter of Credit;(For larger order and high-cost of payment fees)
- Telegraphic Transfer ro Bank Transfer (T/T);(For any business)
- Alipay Escrow (or Alibaba one touch services); (For small business and the supplier is using alibaba services)
- PayPal; (For small business)
- Western Union;(For small business)
The modes of transportation for importing car parts from China.
There are five basic modes of transportation to import products from China. They are sea transportation, truck transportation, railway transportation, heavy air transportation and international express.
- Sea transportation also is can boat shipment, it is the most economic shipping ways and available for most of overseas customers. But the shipping cost depends on who is your forwarder, where is your Chinese supplier and what is your destination?
- Truck transportation is available to european clients only, the shipping cost is half of the heavy air, and take about 15~20 days from China to Europe via Eurasian rail network.
- Truck transportation is for China’s neighbors only.
- Heavy air transportation is a good choice to deliver the goods over 100kgs.
- International express is the fastest shipping ways to deliver goods less than 100kgs. The cost is very high and depends on the relationship between supplier or customer and express company. For example, we can ship 1kg from Shanghai China to USA at 17USD which is impossible for most China companies.
Hire a manufacturing sourcing services company and products sourcing agent to work for your auto parts sourced in China.
After reading this article, new importers should have know how to find auto parts and accessories manufacturers, factories, suppliers or vendors in China, and learn the overall process of import from China. If you are planning to import car parts from China, we suggest to work with a manufacturing sourcing services company and products sourcing agent like DiscoverSourcing.com.
What is the advantage to work with China sourcing agent?
You should realize that not all the good suppliers or products can be discover on google or B2B sites. So, hire a sourcing services company and sourcing agent to work fo you can save the money and time for you which can make you import auto parts from China easy.
- Save time and money.
- Discover competitive price from China manufacturers.
- Order management and help you to receive goods on time.
- Free sample sourcing.
- New supplier development services can help you discover reliable manufacturers in China.
- Full guide import from China.
- New auto parts manufacturing sourcing.
- Find low-cost shipping solution for importing goods from China.
- Product inspection and supplier audit services will give you some insurance to import from China.